Immigration lawyers generally help their clients in issues relating to visas, citizenship and other immigration benefits. Not all instances require the services of an immigration lawyer; however, immigration law in many countries is quite complicated and hiring an attorney will save you money, time and the hustle of moving around immigration offices.
Why should you hire an immigration lawyer?
• An experienced and competent immigration attorney understands the law thoroughly and will be up to date with recent changes to the law. Moreover, the attorney will know the right procedures, administrative forms and all requirements to appropriately handle your case.
• You can rest assured that your interests and rights will be well represented and defended. He/she will ensure that you are adequately protected from any form of abuse and exploitation and bar you from making critical mistakes. You’ll also receive regular updates on the proceedings of your case.
• Immigration lawyers have to adhere to the set professional standards and will therefore commit themselves fully to offering quality, accurate and professional services. Their accreditation helps them maneuver the complicated immigration bureaucracies.
How to find an excellent immigration lawyer
A good immigration advocate can impact positively on your case and this is how to get your hands on one:
• Ensure the potential lawyer is trained and licensed to handle cases similar to yours.
• Do some research on the lawyer you’re about to hire and check the reviews he/she has received from clients. Now that will help you make a wise decision.
• The lawyer you intend to hire should give ethical advice while also restraining from illegal practices such as bribing.
When should you call an immigration lawyer?
You will definitely need to seek the services of an immigration lawyer if you encounter the following:
• If you have been deported from the country you were living in and you wish to return.
• If you have committed a criminal offense or have been convicted of a criminal offense and you want to avoid a removal from the foreign country.
• If you are planning to move to another country for work and your employer is not in any way assisting with the immigration process.
• If you are requesting for any form of exceptional benefits that the state would not ordinarily offer to an applicant in your position.
• If you had immigration application denied or refused.
The list could go on and on but the bottom line is that you shouldn’t hesitate to call an immigration lawyer when faced with any immigration issue.
What to expect from your immigration lawyer
If you have hired a good lawyer, here is what to expect:
• He/she should be respectful, ethical and professional.
• He/she is knowledgeable on the complexities of immigration laws and also experienced to handle your case.
• Charges reasonable fees after providing the estimates in advance.
• He/she works diligently throughout and ensures that your case goes to a successful completion.
• Helps you in making the right decisions, keeps all information confidential and also keeps you posted on the details of your case.