Real estate professionals, often, use the expression, He, who has the listings, controls the market, and, the art, and science, of quality representation, requires, therefore, being, ready, willing, and able, to convince, homeowners, considering selling their houses, to hire him, as their agent! Generally, agents give listing presentations, to these people, and, in most cases, must, effectively, address the concerns, perceptions, needs, and priorities of these homeowners, to their satisfaction, in a thorough, complete, meaningful way. While, some seem to fear, questions, etc, the best agents prepare, and welcome them, because, they realize, when one has questions, and concerns, it, often, means, he’s listening, and hoping to be convinced, you are the best person, to represent him. Regardless of, specifically, what the concern, may be, effectively using the 5 steps, to address these, is the best approach. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, and review, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Repeat question/ Know clearly what’s being asked: When, someone asks a question, take your time, before you respond! Know, clearly, what the concern, is, and let the individual, finish his thoughts, and then, seek clarification, before responding. Those, who don’t begin here, often, risk, opening – up, a so – called, Pandora’s Box, and putting other concerns, into the homeowner’s mind. Always, begin, by asking, something, such as, In other words, you are concerned about the marketing (or commission, pricing, etc).
2. Empathy: I can perfectly, understand, what you say, may, often, be the words, which, let you differentiate yourself, from the others! Every potential client has some, specific needs, concerns, priorities, and perceptions, so never assume, but rather, show you care, deeply!
3. Answer questions/ address concerns, to client’s satisfaction: Tell the truth, and maintain absolute integrity, in order to earn the other individual’s trust! Never assume, since you know the answer, the other person, automatically, will, also, but, slowly, gradually, effectively, respond to the concern, and answer it, to the satisfaction of the other individual! Wait for some indication, of satisfaction, with your response, whether, it is verbal, and/ or, by some sort of body language!
4. Recreate need/ Call to action: In most cases, after, successfully, using the third step, using a line, such as, In light of what we’ve discussed, transforms the discussion, closer to a close! After, doing so, it makes sense, to recreate the need, and articulate, a clear, call to action. Often, a successful way of saying that, is, Since, for most, their house represents their single, biggest, financial asset, doesn’t it make sense, to hire someone, who will work, with you, and for, you, and make a real difference, for your best interests? Then, wait for an affirmative, acknowledgement, before proceeding, to the final step.
5. Close the deal: Receiving the agreement, in – principle, mentioned, previously, should be considered, a Trial – Close. However, if you want the listing, you must ask for it, simply, clearly, and directly. You might consider, saying, We’ve discussed, many concerns, and, hopefully, I’ve addressed them, to your satisfaction. Wouldn’t it make sense, to get – the – ball – rolling, and completing the basic paperwork? Doesn’t it? Remember, however, to keep your mouth shut, and, wait for the response, because, if this, was a game, the first person to speak, generally, loses!
Real estate agents, only, earn their living, when/ if, they market, and sell, houses, and properties! Using these techniques, generally, makes a huge difference!
Source by Richard Brody
#Mastering #Real #Estate #Listing #Presentation #Steps #Address #Concerns real estate