You can start your own chip dip mix business for less than $400.00. I have been selling dip mixes for years and have made very good money with very little work. These are dip mixes made of various herbs and spices that you mix with sour cream and mayo. They are great with chips, pretzels, pork rinds, fresh veggies, and sandwiches. With these same mixes you can make dips, cheese balls, spreads, salad dressings and they are great on baked potatoes.
You can easily add dessert mixes to your roster of products also. These are dry mixes that you mix with cream cheese and whipped topping (like Cool Whip). They make a wonderful no-bake cheesecake, fruit dip, bagel spread, cream pie, parfait or mousse. Both the dip mixes and dessert mixes come in a small zip lock bag. They last up to a year in your cabinet at room temperature.
All you do is buy the mixes from a dip mix company and stick your own labels on the bags. Presto! You now have a dip mix company. You can sell your products at flea markets, festivals, farmer’s markets, craft shows, fairs, and any other type of special event. All you do is make up samples of each flavor and provide inexpensive pretzel sticks for the customers to sample the dips. One taste and they sell themselves.
Try to buy your mixes from a company that will teach you the business. Find one that has a start up and operations manual for you to use. This is the sign of a really professional company that is really committed to your success. A manual will show you all of the tricks of the trade for learning the best ways to conduct your business while you are still learning. Don’t just buy the mixes from a company and then go out on your own to try to learn the business. Find a company that will help you sell and do things right with your new company. There is nothing difficult about this business, but you need someone to show you the way. It just helps you learn the business a lot faster with fewer mistakes.
You sell the dip mixes at 3 FOR $10.00. Your profit is about 60%. In other words, you will make a gross profit of about $6.00 per sale. Without needing any sales ability at all. The product sells itself when the customer samples the product.
There are many advantages to a dip mix business:
– You can work your own hours – part time or full time. Make up samples days in advance of your event. Completely flexible schedule.
– This is a fun business. All of the events you sell at are fun events. You have a good time, plus, you make money too. What could be better?
– No ongoing fees. All you do is buy the mixes at wholesale from a dip mix company and put your label on the package. That’s your only requirement. Much cheaper than a franchise.
– Start up costs are less than $400.00 for an assortment of mix flavors.
– It’s a very mass appeal product. Everyone likes at least some flavors of dip. Plus, weight conscious people can make a “light” version of the dips by using fat free or light versions of the ingredients.
– No need to worry about the product going bad if it doesn’t sell quickly. All flavors sell, some just sell faster than others. No need to worry about having to throw some away.
– Dip mixes weigh very little and take up little space in your vehicle. You can store thousands of dollars worth of product in one large plastic tub. Also easy to move in and out of a building for a quick booth set up.
– Dip mixes are pre-packaged food. That means in most, if not all states, you don’t have to charge sales tax, keep track of tax or pay sales tax.
– You can easily add other staff members to expand your business into other locations. You can have several booths at different locations just by staffing the booths and making up more samples. Training your staff is a no-brainer because the sampling of the product does the selling for you. Your staff just takes the money and makes change.
– The best thing is the profits. About 60%, even more for the dessert mixes (which will sell at 3 for $12.00).
It’s a simple, profitable business with products that sell year round. People need to eat, even during a recession, and the public loves dip mixes. For such a small investment, it’s hard to find a better bargain for starting a small, home based business.
Want to get into the chip dip business? Take a look at the E-book I’ve written called, “START YOUR OWN CHIP DIP BUSINESS”. It’s 99 pages of nothing but specific information about starting and operating your own dip mix business.
Call 513-752-2646 for more information.
Source by James L. Miller
#Start #Dip #Mix #Business #Sell #Special #Events business