It’s been said that ‘Great Leaders’ are also ‘Great Followers’. Now, you may be wondering, how can a leader also be a follower? Well, the answer’s very simple: Everyone learns from someone else.
Consider the ‘Great Leaders’ of our time. They all mention how they were influenced, inspired and mentored by other leaders; and how that leadership helped them become the successful men and women they are today.
Oprah Winfrey names Maya Angelou as her mentor; Bill Gates and Paul Allen of Microsoft were mentored by PC Inventor Ed Roberts. Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook was mentored by Steve Jobs, and Don Graham of The Washington Post.
‘Great Leaders’ recognize early in their careers, the value of ‘following’ a great leadership coach; someone who’s already experienced the success and achievement they want for themselves.
The pursuit of excellence is an ambitious undertaking. Having a powerful and talented Life Coach can make the difference between success and failure.
So, what about you?
Who are you following?
Have you identified successful people that you admire, and aspire to follow?
Are you working with a life coach now? If not, you may be missing a vital component of your future success and greatness.
To achieve the levels of excellence you desire, you must:
- Continue to improve and fine-tune your skills
- Expand and enhance your creative and innovative abilities
- Relate to and communicate with those you manage, as well as those who manage you
The easiest and fastest way to do this is to work with a Life Coach. A coach can be your most valuable asset. In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to maintain a fresh perspective and stay current on changing trends, patterns and practices in your personal and professional life.
A Life Coach will provide the guidance and support you need to accomplish these goals. A coach will help you clarify areas that need improvement, and hold you accountable to ensure you stay on track and on target, in a timely and reasonable manner.
Now is the time to make that commitment to your success. The first step is to ‘decide’ to follow a ‘Great Leader’. The next step is to find your ‘Ideal Coach’ and make them part of your success team.
Your ‘Ideal Coach’ may be a professional life coach, a boss, a business or civic leader, or simply someone you know who’s willing to show you the way.
The most important things to look for in choosing your coach are:
- Synergy: Having that special energetic connection that enhances your coaching experience and can greatly accelerate your progress, is essential
- Relatability: Your coach should be doing, or has done what you aspire to do
- Relevant Knowledge and Experience: Their skills, wisdom and talents should be appropriate for what you desire to accomplish
As a professional life coach and mentor, I specialize in and can help you accomplish these 3 things:
- Define, clarify and map out your vision, goals and desired results
- Open your mind to allow shifts in perspective and behavior, accept new ideas and manage the changes that will come as you grow
- Master the art of great communication
With my help, you’ll learn to master these 3 skills and more. I will provide the leadership, encouragement, and inspiration you need to empower you to achieve your goals, and attain the great success you desire.